Tuesday, November 16, 2010

THE FINAL VERDICT


Thru' the narrow gate on the right side of the thorny path,
I reached a place , where I saw this young woman,
Dressed in red -and covering her head,
She was an ''outcast'' , that's what she said...
I told her, ''Join me, we''ll journey to the Court of God''
We took the road less travelled by,
And reached a garden smelling of Olives..
There was this lil' girl ,a ''mistake'', that had happened to her quarrelling parents...
She was tryin' to heal the wounds on her thin legs...
Signs of frustrations of her seperated mother...
I carried the girl in my arms 'n we travelled as ''one'' , to listen to the Verdict of God...
By the river of lost dreams 'n memories,
We met this young man, labelled ''the Drug Addict- the prodigal''
He took sides with us 'n we formed a ''League of our Own''
''The outcast'', ''the mistake'', ''the prodigal'' 'n I, the ''sinner''...
We marched on , loving one another, to hear the unprejudiced Voice of God...
The final countdown...The Final Verdict!
The two words ''NOT GUILTY'' pronounced on us shook the court...
And
''Guilty'' , were they , who called the woman an ''outcast''...
''Guilty'' were they, who orphaned the child calling her a ''mistake''...
''Guilty were they, who spit on the young man, labelling him the ''prodigal addict ''...
And...
''Guilty'' were they,who slapped me 'n called me a ''sinner''
And passed off as ''saints'' hiding their guilt !


3 comments: